A proven winner in the past, but is Suzuki back? As one of the winningest brands in the history of the sport, Suzuki’s motocross machines remain the champion’s choice, as their sleek, cutting edge appearance, powerful, yet reliable engine, and natural ergonomics continue to deliver on Suzuki’s racing identity.
The RM-Z450 siblings epitomize Suzuki’s “Winning Balance” philosophy with strong brakes for controlled stopping power, a widespread of engine torque with high peak power, and a strong, light, and nimble chassis that remains the class standard for cornering performance and extraordinarily precise handling. Add to that leading ergonomics, beautiful styling, and unmatched reliability and you’ve got the perfect race-ready machine.
2021 RM-Z450 FEATURES
(1) Strong, Usable Engine Performance
(2) Great throttle response delivers high peak power.
(3) Evolved traction management system helps the bike hook up.
(4) Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) gets you out front.
(5) Unmatched Cornering Performance
(6) Frame and swingarm balance lightness with strength.
(7) Chassis dimensions blend nimble handling with stability.
(8) Coil spring fork provides great performance and easy tuning.
(9) Showa BFRC (Balance Free Rear Cushion) shock settings delivers remarkable and controlled damping response.
(10) Bridgestone X30 tires bring outstanding grip.
(11) Large 270mm front brake rotor increases stopping power and feel.
(12) Compact rear master cylinder is designed to prevent mud from collecting on it and from catching on the rider’s boots.
(13) Suzuki’s mobile device-based MX-Tuner 2.0 and proven fuel-coupler system.
The RM-Z250 returns with updated graphics for 2021, as well as the ability to now tune the electronic fuel injection, and ignition system for maximum performance, thanks to Suzuki’s mobile device-based MX-Tuner 2.0 and proven fuel-coupler system that is included with each 2021 RM-Z250 and RM-Z450. Now you can easily tune your motorcycle to suit track conditions or your riding preference from the convenience of your personal device. The RM-Z250 has always set the standard as the best handling 250 on the track. Fed by a dual injector EFI system, a center-port cylinder head, and an AMA-compliant exhaust, the RM-Z250’s engine delivers strong, usable power through the entire rev-range.
The twin-spar aluminum frame and hydro-formed swingarm carry a KYB-supplied suspension that includes a coil spring fork and a shock with four-way damping force adjustment. Strong brakes and ergonomically shaped bodywork that helps keep the rider in control as the RM-Z250 carves up the racetrack.
2021 RM-Z450 FEATURES
(1) Center-port cylinder head increases output and throttle response
(2) Dual fuel injector system boosts high rpm power
(3) The traction management system helps the bike hook up
(4) Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) gets you out front
(5) Exceptional Cornering Performance
(6) Frame and swingarm balances lightness with strength
(7) Engine placement and mounting aid chassis’ nimble handling
(8) Coil spring KYB fork provides outstanding performance and easy tuning
(9) KYB rear shock and linkage deliver remarkable control
(10) Race-ready Dunlop MX33 tires
(11) Large-diameter front brake increases stopping power and feel
(12) Compact rear master cylinder is designed to prevent mud from collecting on it and from catching on the rider’s boots
(13) MSRP $7899.
2021 Suzuki RM85.
The RM85 returns with updated graphics for 2021 and continues to carry on the powerful tradition of racing excellence and like its larger RM-Z cousins, the RM85 delivers Suzuki’s renowned handling for both experienced junior racers and rookie riders alike. With its reliable two-stroke engine, smooth power delivery and lightweight handling, the RM85 is the perfect motocross bike for anyone learning to race—and striving to win. Just like its larger RM-Z cousins, the RM85 delivers class-leading handling for both experienced racers and rookie riders alike. With its smooth power delivery and lightweight handling, the RM85 is the perfect motocross bike for anyone learning to race—and striving to win!
(1) The high-revving, 84.7cc, two-stroke, liquid-cooled, reed-valve, single-cylinder engine has a bore and stroke of 48.0 mm x 46.8mm.
(2) The cylinder features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for durability, low weight, and effective heat transfer for superior class performance.
(3) The exhaust valves are made of aluminum to best match the expansion rate of the cylinder, improving sealing for better engine performance. The exhaust valve governor and actuator help provide good throttle response and overall tractability.
(4) Precise Keihin PE28 carburetor provides a smooth throttle response and is designed for simplified maintenance and tuning.
(5) Digital CDI mapping helps create strong engine performance at high RPM.
(6) The large-capacity radiator provides efficient cooling at all engine speeds.
(7) The RM85 is equipped with a smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission and a precise rack-and-pinion activated clutch.
(8) A tubular steel frame with an aluminum beam swingarm provides class-leading performance on the track, especially in the corners. Designed for rigidity, durability, and straight-line performance, the frame features large diameter tubing in key areas and a large front reinforcement plate.
(9) The Showa 37mm inverted-style front fork is completely adjustable for rider weight, style, and ability. The fork features a cartridge system with fully-adjustable rebound damping and 20-way adjustable compression damping (also included are guards to protect the inner fork tubes). The fork legs have 275 mm (10.8 inches) of travel.
(10) The Showa large diameter rear shock absorber is valved to produce a plush feel and is resistant to bottoming. The shock provides 277 mm (10.9 inches) of wheel travel and features adjustable compression and rebound damping force adjustment.
(11) A twin-piston caliper front brake with 220mm (8.7-inch) large-diameter disc and a rear brake with 200mm (7.9-inch) disc to provide excellent braking performance.
(12) The RM85’s wheel sizes meet AMA 85cc class regulations (Front: 70/100-17; Rear: 90/100-14)
SUZUKI MX-TUNER 2.0
Included with the 2021 RM-Z250 & RM-Z450 is Suzuki’s MX-Tuner 2.0 that provides the ability to easily adjust the fuel injection and ignition system settings for optional race performance.
(1) Using a smartphone application that wirelessly connects to the MX-Tuner’s compact transceiver, fuel delivery and ignition timing can be quickly changed.
(2) The MX-Tuner application can pre-program personalized settings into the ECM that can be activated by plugging in one of the supplied fuel couplers.
(3) Racers and tuners can easily change settings to match performance-related updates.
(4) The application can save a number of settings for different tracks or weather conditions, plus settings can be exchanged with other racers.
(5) Real-time engine data and run-time information are accessible to help you stay on top of bike maintenance.